This tutorial was sourced from www.splitcoaststampers.com
One piece of 5 ¼ inch x 10 ½ inch Cardstock
Designer Series Paper 5 inches x 5 inches
Craft knife and cutting mat
Adhesives including dotto and snail
Extra cardstock, stamps and accessories to embellish the card
1. Fold the card in half.
2. Using a pencil and ruler draw a square on the card front measuring 3 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches.
3. Measure inside this square ¼ inch on all sides.
4. Trace an “x” from outside corner to outside corner (3 ½ inch square)
5. Using a craft knife, cutting mat and steel ruler cut the “x”
6. Using a bone folder and ruler score both the inside and outside squares.
7. Turn your project over and fold the outside score lines towards the outside edges of the card.
8. Fold the inside score line into the middle of the square.
If you are not using patterned paper please do not do the next steps
9. Adhere the DSP to the card front using dotto.
10. Turn the project over and trace around the square on the back side of the DSP.
11. Cut this square out using a craft knife, cutting mat and steel ruler. This will be used either inside the recessed window or on the back to neaten the inside of the card.
12. Stick the DSP onto the card front.
13. Apply snail to the four flaps and stick the square cut out inside the recessed window.
14. Adhere a piece of 3 ½ x 3 ½ inch cardstock or DSP to the inside of the card to cover the “x”.
15. Decorate the card as desired