Monday, May 22, 2017

9/11 Tribute Centre



I was in New York City about 4 years ago and visited the 9/11 tribute centre and memorial. It was really quite a remarkable place. The display at the tribute centre was extraordinary. The items that they were able to retrieve from the devastation was displayed in a very respectful way.

When I put these pages together I wanted to add some texture without taking away from the photos. Please scroll down to take a look.


I used as combination of sponging, stamping and stitching to give texture and create focal points on the pages..

To help make the lettering stand out, I cut each letter out twice in coordinating cardstock. I simply layered the crumb cake letters over the cherry cobbler letters to give it a shadow appearance.

I hand stitched the cross stitch. To do this I used the piercing tool, piercing guide and piercing mat to make the holes. I then threaded white bakers twine into a large darning needled and stitched away!
Another simple way to quickly add texture and other focal points is to hand draw lines around elements (you can see this on the above photo), sponge ink and add flat embellishments such as enamel shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Standing Pop Up Card

A few weeks ago I did a pop up card class. This is one of the two cards that we made. It is a free standing pop up card. I used the High Tid...