Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Try It Tuesday - Watercolouring with ink refills

Colouring images using watercolour  is very quick and easy. There are a number of different mediums that you can use including; markers, watercolour pencils, watercolour crayons, ink pads and ink refills. In this Try It Tuesday I will be using ink refills.

The products that you need are: Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock (I used white), black StazOn ink pad, aqua painter, a line art stamp set  (I used You're Lovely - one of the Sale-a-bration stamp sets), ink refills (I used So Saffron, Melon Mambo and Old Olive), a plastic tray/plate to put the ink on, paper towel and cardstock and embellishments to complete your project.

 Step One: Stamp your image with the black StazOn ink on the Whisper White cardstock.

 Step Two: Place a small drop of each colour ink refill on the tray.

Step Three: Using your aqua painter pick up a small amount of ink and start to colour the image. If the tip of the aqua painter is too wet, use the paper towel to blot off the excess water. Before changing colours be sure to clean off the tip of the aqua painter by rubbing it gently on the paper towel.

 The finished image.

Step Four: Complete your card.

All of these products are available from my online store, please click on the link below.

My Online Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Standing Pop Up Card

A few weeks ago I did a pop up card class. This is one of the two cards that we made. It is a free standing pop up card. I used the High Tid...