Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue
The Autumn/Winter mini catalogue has now been launched. To get a copy of the catalogue you can purchase one from me, view it online at my web site or receive one as a part of the hostess envelope when you book a workshop. The catalogue includes framelit dies, edgelit dies, simply scored, new stamp sets and accessories.
Why Host a Workshop
If you have ever thought about hosting a workshop but not sure if it is something that you would like to do, here are a few things that you may not know about workshops.
You can have your workshop in the comfort of your own home or I make my home available – I have enough space to seat about 12 people comfortably.
The steps that you need to take to host your own workshop are every simple:
· Set the date – when the booking is made you will receive a hostess envelope with contains all the information you need to host your workshop. This includes all current catalogues, information about your workshop and Stampin’ Up! Opportunities, invitation cards and a few order forms so you can collect outside order from those guests who are unable to make it to your workshop.
· Send out the invitation cards and please include the RSVP date about 5 days prior to the workshop.
· I will contact you to discuss the make and take project and then set the projects. I will contact you about three days prior to your workshop to finalize numbers so kits can be prepared.
· On the day of your workshop I will arrive about 20minutes prior to the start time to set up for your workshop. I will bring everything that is needed for the workshop which will include a display, demonstration projects and the make and take supplies. You will need to provide light refreshments for your guests.
Benefits of hosting a workshop
· You will receive hostess benefits based on the total sales of your workshop. What this means is that once the total sales for your workshop reached $300.00 or more you will receive Hostess Dollar to spend on any products from our current catalogues. On average most workshops reach sales of $400.00 or more.
· Workshops are a fun social event – this may be the perfect time to catch up with friend that you haven’t seen in a little while.
- Everyone has the opportunity to learn new techniques and to use the products that have been demonstrated.
- There are prizes to be won and all of your guests will be able to take home a beautiful hand stamped project.
Join my team
I know that there a lot of ladies who have thought from time to time about being a demonstrator so they can receive their product at a reduced price, earn a little bit of extra household income or just have a hobby that can support itself. There have been some changes to the Stampin’ Up! Career plan and I am excited to tell you that some of those changes have already come into effect. As of the 1st January, 2012 all new demonstrators will be placed on the new Stampin’ Start program – this program allow you to earn free stamp set just be selling the products you love. As an added bonus the quarterly commissionable sales that you require to stay active have been reduced to $400.00 (commissionable sales are the total sales minus GST – so you will require total sales of $440.00 each quarter. How we get this figure is $440.00 divided by 1.1 equals $400.00, I simply took the GST out) So what this means for you is that you will need to sell $147.00 of product each month to stay active.
With your demonstratorship you do not have to do any scheduled events such as workshops or classes. As long as you reach your quarterly minimum sales and this may be done simply with the product you purchase for yourself or products that you sell to friends and family. There is no contract period for being a demonstrator – if your situation changes and SU! No longer works for you, you can end your demonstratorship without penalties.
What you can expect from me is ongoing support as required. I get together with the ladies in my downline about once a quarter to discuss what has been going on at Stampin’ Up!, we share ideas and do a group swap. I am available any the time to answer questions and provide support if you decide to run events.
The start up kit costs $289.00 and can be customized to suit your needs and style. This kit is valued at more than $515.00. There are only a few requirements to become a demonstrator – you must sign the Independent Demonstrators Agreement and there is a minimum sales requirement of $400.00 per quarter as mentioned above. This is such a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of. You will be able to work your own hours and share your hobby with other like-minded people. If you would like any further information please contact me and I will send out an information pack.
Big Shot Class – please note that this class has been rescheduled
Date: Saturday, 12th May, 2012
Time: 1pm to 3pm
Learn how to use your big shot die cutting machine to its full potential. You will use dies, embosslits, framelits and embossing folders. Please bring your Big Shot machine, a die and embossing folders with you.
What’s coming up in May?
Take advantage of the May Stampin’ Up! Special – earn free Designer Series Paper, more details to follow.
May Class – Stamp-a-stack: cards for women
Something to try
Flower Pot card – please refer to the attached pattern sheet